BBCCI to hold Accred...Become Successful in Winning Bids for Funding BBCCI to hold Accredi...
Introduction to British Bangladeshy Chamber of Commerce & Industry (BBCCI)
The British Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce & Industry (BBCCI) was founded in 1991 by a group of Bangladeshi businessmen in the UK. The purpose of setting up the BBCCI was to promote trade and investment opportunities and co-operation between the UK and Bangladesh.
The chamber offers a wide range of services to both Bangladeshi and Brtish companies already involved in or planning to become a part of a long-standing bilateral trading relationship. These services include the provision of business information and research, seminars and workshops, cultural advice and networking opportunities.
The chamber works in close co-operation with Bangladesh business specialised agencies, Bangladesh High Commission in the UK and the British Embassy in Bangladesh, UKTI, Federation of Bangladesh Chamber of commerce and Industry and other local chambers.
The British Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce & Industry (BBCCI) was set up as a business support group in December 1991, aiming to:
- Promote, protect and strengthen bi-lateral trade and commerce between Bangladesh and the United Kingdom and between them and the European Community;
- Promote investment, joint ventures, research and development in both countries;
- Maintain close ties with traders both in the United Kingdom and in Bangladesh, including the Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry and relevant government ministries.
BBCCI is a not for profit membership organisation which utilises the membership fees and other income to support UK and Non Resident Bangladeshi Businesses across the world. BBCCI has a dedicated Board of volunteer Directors and a small team of officers who have worked hard to make BBCCI a successful brand in supporting the business community and therefore the wider community. As economic conditions, trends in the business landscape and customer expectations change we will support the success of businesses across the country, Europe and Bangladesh.
Our vision is to be the UK’s, Europe’s and Bangladesh’s leading business support organisation.
To support businesses to grow and prosper. We will, provide a forum for debate on critical issues, a voice for business, influence innovative public policy solutions and be a destination for networking for professionals
Our Strategic Goals
We will deliver our vision and mission by creating the conditions for business success by promoting innovation, enterprise and science; and by supporting businesses and professionals with the skills and opportunities they need to succeed. There are 5 key strategic goals:
- To attract, pursue, and retain a membership that reflects UK’s, Europe’s and Bangladesh’s evolving and diversified business community.
- To provide services, resources and programs that enables the success of our members.
- To continually enhance the position of BBCC as the most authoritative voice of business, industry and the professions.
- To initiate and influence the development of public policy that promotes socio-economic growth, development and well being of Bangladeshi’s in Britain, Europe and Internationally.
- To continue to build and reinforce new and existing value-added relationships - establishing and maintaining effective partnerships with business, governments (local, regional, national and international), other business chambers and stakeholder agencies.
Principles, Values and Behaviours
Everything that BBCCI does is guided by its principles and core values. Our values determine who we are and what we do. For BBCCI these simple, yet powerful values will continually guide our decisions and behaviour as well as our interaction with our clients and each other.
Trustworthiness - keeping our promise and fulfilling our obligation of building a better, stronger and more durable organisation for future generations, meeting our commitments to customers and stakeholders and each other, developing our people and helping improve communities and the environment.
Truthfulness - honesty and integrity forms the basis of BBCCI’s character, we will be ethically unyielding and honest and seek to inspire trust by matching our behaviour to our words and take responsibility for all our actions.
Customer Value Creation - enabling our clients to become high-performance high-growth businesses and creating long-term relationships by being responsive and relevant and by consistently delivering value through a “can-do” attitude.
Listening and learning - researching, collaborating and networking to gain fresh and innovative insights to deliver exceptional service to clients wherever they do business.
Respect for the Individual - valuing the critical importance of diversity fostering and open and inclusive environment and treating each person with honour and dignity.